LOVE MY POETRY

LOVE MY POETRY

Thursday, February 11, 2010

ZEKE AND MAMA written by Brenda Moultrie(me)

This is a poem I write one day while talking to my 5 year old grandson Dallas about the troll collection I had as a child..I then started missing that collection as it seems to have gotten lost in life..

ZEKE AND MAMA

Where are they?
Where did they go?
I wish I knew
but I don't know
Wish I could see them
Just to say "Hi"
matter a fact I never said, "bye"
Pieces of my past
I will never see again
But I will think of them
every now and then
I can buy another
But it wouldn't be the same
And do I give the new one
the old one's name?
Zeke was his name
and she was called mama
Good thing about them
was there was never any drama
I miss them and love them
and surely always will
hope I still remember them
when I'm way over the hill!!

6 comments:

  1. A talented writer. Your poem is lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can still feel my grandmother "Mimmie" with me so often.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Andy Davis, the young boy who owns all the toys in Pixar's Toy Story, would agree with you on the remembering part!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this and you are right, no Drama, they are loyal! Thanks Brenda!

    ReplyDelete